England Athletics – Yorkshire & Humberside – Coach Support
Updated 28 Jan 2016
Our Club & Coach Support Officer (for West Yorkshire) is Nick Settle, contact details
Latest Information (January 2016)
· Y&H 2013/4 Local Coach Development Programme booklet (from EA website)
· Y&H 2013/4 Local Coach Development Programme booklet (from LAN website – may not be up to date)
· Supporting Coaches Workshop 3 Dec 2013 at Cleckheaton see more details below
· Coaching Diary Workshop 11 Dec 2013 at Sheffield – see more details below
· 16.Feb.14 LiRF to CiRF (part of Y&H LCDP) Leeds Met University
· 16.Feb.14 Youth Endurance (part of Y&H LCDP) Leeds Met University
· 16.Feb.14 Coaching Diary Support Workshop (part of Y&H LCDP) Leeds Met University
· 16.Feb.14 Physical Preparation (part of Y&H LCDP) Leeds Met University
· 09.Mar.14 Throws: Building Coaching Relationships and Supporting the Young Thrower (part of Y&H LCDP) EIS Sheffield
Click link for details of a scUK Supporting Coaches workshop we are running in Cleckheaton on Tues 3rd December 6:30-9:30pm (Cost £5), which I would be grateful if you could pass out to your networks.
This is a new workshop, which looks at helping clubs recruit, develop and retain coaches. It is ideal for club coaching co-ordinators, head coaches or club officials who maybe struggling at recruiting and retaining their coaches.
Objectives of the workshop are to:
· Identify methods and good practice to recruit coaches
· Recognise the importance of developing coaches and explore the tools to use
· Appreciate how successful coach support can help retain coaches
The workshop is certificated and attendees will be given numerous tools and templates to keep to help you recruit coaches in the future.
Further details and bookings are online at www.coachingwy.co.uk/events
This FREE workshop is aimed at coaches who are currently undertaking a Coach Level Qualification (Athletics Coach, Children’s Coach, or CiRF) and have completed Day 3, but have yet to submit their Diary for assessment.
The workshop will be structured in such a way as to provide a recap of key aspects of completing the diary (for example profiling, goal setting, planning, session plans and review/reflection), as well as offer an opportunity for any specific questions / areas for concern to be raised.