Leeds Athletics Network – Recent Documents
Added 13 November 2014
Added 20 March 2014
· Club Development Workshop
· Link to E A Website Club Accreditation page
· British Athletics – Coaching Questionnaire
Added 5 February 2014
· Club Development
Added 1 December 2013
Added 23 November 2013
· Calderdale/Bradford how to coach disabled people (these were on 18 and 21 November but maybe will come round again)
· Effective Communication: Coaching Deaf People in Sport 12 Feb 2014 (Link to course run by WY Sport)
· West Yorkshire Sport coaching bursaries for running – 50% of cost of Leadership in Running Fitness (LiRF) and up to 75% of cost of Coach in Running Fitness (CiRF)
· Y&H 2013/4 Local Coach Development Programme booklet (from EA website)
· See also page on Leeds Athletics Network website
· First Aid course at Kirkstall (LAN) 28 Jan 2014 - £15 per person (this is 50% subsidy) – book by 31 December
· Club Support
· Via England Athletics
· Via Sport England
· Register on the Club Leaders programme http://learn.sportenglandclubleaders.com/club/register.php
· Mentoring support application http://www.sportenglandclubleaders.com/whats-available/mentoring-expression-of-interest/
· Paul Senior emailed We have a couple of mentors available in Leeds if there are clubs who are engaged in the programme and want support. Contact Paul.Senior@leeds.gov.uk . Paul is Club Development Officer - East North East Leeds, Sport and Active Lifestyles Service, Leeds City Council
· Run Leeds beginners project. LAN delivered 64 beginner groups and had 914 runners registered on the Run England portal, of which, 498 completed six sessions over a nine week period. See docs2013\Run Leeds End of Project Report.doc
· Leeds Sports Awards
Leeds Sports Awards is taking place on 27 February 2014 - it’s a great chance to celebrate the best sporting achievements of 2013.
Nominations close Friday 13 December. Please nominate people you think are worthy of an award. There are several categories including awards to recognise young people, coaches, volunteers, clubs, teams and elite performers.
Please could you help by circulating this information among your contacts. The website link below takes you to all the information you may need (including ticketing) and the online nomination portal.
Added 10 November 2013
Added 26 August 2013
· England Athletics 2013 Coaching Conference - North 28 September 2013 at Leeds Met Headingley
· Also Debbie Berresford wrote Coach Diaries – Please if you know a coach who is coming up to the deadline of two years on their Coach Level course and has not submitted their diary yet! Please encourage them to get in touch as they need to submit it before they lose the chance to complete! We have Diary assessors & CCSO’S who are will to assist coaches is they have come to halt or are struggling, so please urge them to contact me. We have more diary workshops coming up and there will be a DIARY WORKSHOP at the NORTH COACHING CONFERENCE so please get in touch if you want a slot!!!!!!!
· North of England Officials Courses (August 2013)
· North of England Coaching Courses (as at 14 Aug 2013)
Added 13 August 2013
Added 11 January 2013
· Nutrition workshop at John Charles on 25 February
Added 18 October 2012 – LAN AGM on 15 October 2012
· LAN Progress Report Summary Oct 2011 to Oct 2012 (powerpoint, 4Mb)
· LAN Progress Report Summary Oct 2011 to Oct 2012 (powerpoint, 250kb, with pictures removed for quicker download)
Added 18 October 2012 – Other documents
· England Athletics “Whole Club Development Workshop” on Monday 12 November
o A workshop on 12th November facilitated by Nigel Moore (Sports Management lecturer at Bucks New University) will help clubs to assess their strengths and weaknesses in areas such as People involved in athletics, Training and competition structures, Welfare, partnerships and club management.
o From this, clubs can make informed decisions about how they can plan to maintain their strengths and to appropriately address their weaknesses. The recent influx of new athletes following the Olympics means now more than ever it is essential to recruit new volunteers as well as retain and value those we already have within our clubs
o Click here for more information and how to book
· Club Funding Seminar 21 November organised by Leeds Council Sports Development
o Please find attached a flyer and booking form for a free funding seminar we have organised on Wednesday 21st November at the John Charles Centre For Sport.
o The event is open to all voluntary sports clubs in Leeds and places will be booked on a first come basis.
o This is a great opportunity to find out about different types of funding available and will also feature some information about the new Sport England Club Leaders programme, see link for more information http://www.sportenglandclubleaders.com/
o If you require any further information please do not hesitate to give me a call.
o Paul Senior, Club Development Officer - East North East Leeds, Sport Service, Leeds City Council, 0113 2143481 , 07891 270626 www.leeds.gov.uk
· Leeds Network and Run Leeds win 5 awards at England Athletics Yorkshire & Humberside Regional Awards
· Also see new items on “Small Ads” page
Added 29 July 2012
· Leeds Athletics Network Powerpoint – at meeting on 2 July
· England Athletics Awards – nominations due by 22 August
· England Athletics Coaching Conference (29 September at Leeds Met)
· Physical Preparation 16.09.12 @ Leeds Met Carnegie
· Women’s coaching forum 10.10.12@ John Charles Centre, Leeds
· High Jump & Pole Vault 14.10.12@ John Charles Centre, Leeds
· Speed & Wheelchair Racing 18.11.12 @ EIS, Sheffield
· Long Jump & Triple Jump 27.01.13 @ Costello Stadium, Hull
· Youth Endurance 02.03.13 @ Costello Stadium, Hull
· Throws 02.03.13 @ Costello Stadium, Hull
· High Jump 17.03.13 @ John Charles Centre, Leeds
· Regional Endurance Centre workshop details to follow..
· Athletics Community Days – 10 to 22 August – information to clubs on how to host an event
· Information Sheet – Perfectionism Study (York St John University)
Added 15 June 2012
· Club Accreditation Evening Wednesday 20 June
· England Athletics Coaching Courses
o Course Flyer dated 25 May 2012
o CRB Stages (revised document May 2012)
o CRB Renewals (revised document May 2012)
· Coaching Sessions – Hurdles at Pudsey & Bramley
· ME2 Training Saturday 23 June
· Funding opportunity - Example Sportivate Bid
· Runners Training Weekend at Leeds Met 30 June/1July
Added 23 March 2012
· Run England Run Leader Handbook
Added 9 March 2012
· West Yorkshire Sport generic Club & Coach education courses April to May 2012
Added 25 February 2012
· From Brian Scobie Flyer for the EA Endurance workshop on the Marathon, to be held on 11 March at EIS Sheffield. The workshop will look at the strategies for both Marathon race fuelling and a Nutritional strategy for the preparation training for Marathon and long distance events. It will also look at the components of a Marathon training programme. Nutrition and diet issues will be addressed by Louise Sutton of Leeds Met University. Louise has experience and expertise gained from working on diest for elite and extreme sports performers across of wide range of different sports. From my own experience of coaching elite marathon runners, I will try to address the preparation of a marathon athlete in terms of a programme that is constructed to secure economies both in terms of energy cost and efficiency of movement.
· Winter to Summer transitional training for middle and long distance athletes Wednesday 7 March 2012 Sport Central, Northumbria University, NE1 8ST
Added 17 February 2012
Added 3 February 2012
· Leeds Athletics Networks sessions
o Circuit Training & Plyometrics Work every Wednesday 8pm-9pm at Priesthorpe School (Andy Cook / Pudsey & Bramley AC)
· North of England Coaching Courses
o Latest list of courses February to October 12
o Funding Opportunities for Coaches Jan 12
o Coaching Assistant Course (Gateshead)
· West Yorkshire Sport generic Club & Coach education courses February to April 12
· Using Athletics to Deliver a Legacy for School Sport conference at Leeds Carnegie Friday 18 May
· Are You Ready
· West Yorkshire Running Investment Project – Run Yorkshire
· Run England
o Refer a friend – refer a friend to join Run England could be in with a chance of winning an Adidas MiCoach worth £120 and why wouldn’t you because registering to the site is completely free?! www.runengland.org/referafriend
· Fell Running LiRF - Please let the clubs in your respective networks know that the WY Sport grant funding can be used to subsidise places on the Fell / Off Road LiRF ( an off road variant of the UKA LiRF run on behalf of UKA by the FRA ). The nearest course is on the 28th April in Mytholmroyd and people can book on via me by using the application forms which will be on the FRA website soon. Same cost - £90 and same license etc. Other Fell / OffRoad LiRF courses ae in Kendal on the 20th May and Church Stretton on the 30th June. Graeme Woodward firstname.lastname@example.org
· Celebrating the Games lectures - Now in its 4th year the annual lecture series 'Celebrating the Games' is a free to attend series for all of the Leeds and West Yorkshire Community. The programme runs from January through to March and hosts speakers with various different involvement in the Games. From former athlete Kriss Akabusi to the 2012 Olympic Torch Relay Producer, Deborah Hale the series offers an insight into a wide range of issues and topics. All lectures are free to attend and more information can be found at the University of Leeds website: http://sport.leeds.ac.uk/page.asp?section=265§ionTitle=Celebrating+The+Games
· Open meetings
o Wakefield Harriers 7 April
o Sheffield 22 April
o Spenborough 1 April
o Wakefield Indoor 26 Jan / 23 Feb
Added 22 January 2012
Added 7 January 2012
o U11Girls and U11Boys: 60m, Long Jump, Shot*.
o U13Girls & U13Boys: 60m, 60m Hurdles, Shot*, High Jump, Long Jump.
o U15Boys & U17Men: 60m, 60m Hurdles, Shot*, High Jump, Long Jump.
o U15Girls & U17Women: 60m, 60m Hurdles, Shot*, High Jump, Long Jump.
o U13 - Senior: Open Wheelchair 60m (2 Rounds = £3.75). Athletes must provide Race Chair.
o Safeguarding and Protecting Children (scUK).
o How to Coach Disabled People in Sport (scUK).
o Equity in Your Coaching (scUK).
o Emergency First Aid / Fundamentals of First Aid (3 hour).
o Emergency First Aid (4 hour).
o Sports Emergency Aid (6 hour).
o Outdoors First Aid (2 days).
o Valuing Volunteers (Running Sport).
o Club for All (Running Sport).
o Funding your Club (Running Sport).
o Small Grants programme (Running Sport).
o Community Amateur Sports Club (CASC).
o Long Term Athlete Development (scUK).
o An Introduction to Fundamentals (scUK).
o Nutrition for Sports Performance.
o Coping with Anxiety.
o Fitness Assessment for Team Sports or Field Situations.
· LCDP October 2011 presentation notes - Endurance Training Guidelines for Young Athletes U13+ - Jenny Harris - NCM Youth Development (Endurance)
Added 27 November 2011
Added 28 October 2011
Added 24 September 2011
Added 9 September 2011
Added 8 September 2011
Added 19 August 2011
Added 31 July 2011
Added 9 July 2011
Added 6 July 2011
Added 6 July 2011 Funding Opportunities
· Sportivate – more info to follow
· CE Electric (click for Funding Request form)
· Sport England Small Grants – more info to follow
· The Co-operative Membership Community Fund http://www.co-operative.coop/membership/local-communities/community-fund/onlineapplicationprocess/
Amended 6 July 2011 LAN Workshops
Added 18 June 2011
Added 6 June 2011
Added 13 May 2011 – information from LAN Meeting 18 April 2011
Due to an underspend in year 1, the year 1 has been extended to August 2011 and we will submit our year 2 plan on 2nd September for review by the panel on 15th September. The meeting on 18th April decided on some projects for this summer to be achieved within the remaining year 1 budget.
Added 13 May 2011 – Various – more to be added this weekend so come back on Monday!
Added 14 April 2011 – Various
Added 25 March 2011 – Leeds Half Marathon
Added 25 March 2011 – Run in Leeds Groups
Added 25 March 2011 – Other Documents
Added 10 March 2011
Added 27 February 2011 – Other Documents
Added 27 February 2011
Added 27 February 2011 – NHS Challenge
From Lucy Birkenshaw : I didn’t manage to get to the meetings, but reading through the information, it could be a good opportunity for networks, particularly around setting up, offering or promoting the Run In England groups. Sally Corbin- Smith, RiE Activator for Leeds is preparing an offer for Leeds.
Added 27 February 2011 – Sportivate
From Lucy Birkenshaw: Sportivate projects would be ideal for networks to engage the 14 – 25 year olds into athletics. There is opportunity to work up a network project and get funding to deliver. The Sportivate Operations manual (attached) provides all the background information to the programme and details the requirements for the projects.
Added 5 February 2011 – Network Minutes, Report & Plan
Added 5 February 2011 – Run in Leeds / Run in Britain
Added 5-9 February 2011 – closure of Leeds Indoor Athletics Centre (or not)
Added 5-9 February 2011 – others
Added 23-28 January 2011
Added 16 January 2011
Added 13 January 2011 – LEEDS HALF MARATHON
Added 5 January 2011
Added 31 December 2010
Northern Officials Course Schedule (Nov 2010)
· Race Organisers Course Booking Form Sunday 20 February
Added 10-12 December 2010
Northern Coaching Course Schedule (Dec 2010) ·
Northern Coaching Course Schedule (Nov 2010)
· Pole Vault Masterclass Sunday 16 January
Added 26 November 2010
Added 12 November 2010
Added 31 October 2010
Added 19 October 2010
Added 10-12 October 2010
Added 14 September 2010
Added 4 August 2010
Added 16 & 31 July 2010
Northern Coaching Course Schedule July 2010 ·
Northern Officials Course Schedule August 2010
Added April 2010