Workshops for Coaches and Athletes
The Leeds Athletics Network provided a set of Coach and Athlete Workshops during 2012.
We may provide some more in Spring / early Summer 2015.
These are intended for
· coaching assistants,
· athletes who want to get onto the coaching path,
· athletes who want to pass on their experience to fellow club members, and
· athletes who want to improve their own performance.
More details to follow later.
We also provide First Aid courses for running club athletes and volunteers, particularly useful for coaches and race marshals.
Please enquire for details.
The following workshops took place in 2012/2013
Strength & Conditioning / Plyometrics – Andy Cook
Andy Cook led Strength & Conditioning / Plyometrics sessions at Priesthorpe 7pm-8pm Wednesday evenings. £3 per session or £25 for 10 sessions. Click on link to PDF. Email Andy email@example.com if you want more information
Drills and Injury Prevention Workshops – Carnegie Physiotherapists
Carnegie Sports Physiotherapy Clinic provided Drills workshops and Injury Prevention workshops.
See a short video of Richard Strachan, GBR 400metre runner, demonstrating drills http://www.carnegiesportsphysiotherapyclinic.co.uk/
How to get there:
· Link to small scale map of Headingley
· Link to map for parking follow the red dotted line and note that Indoor Sports Centre is immediately opposite the car park at the end of the red dotted line
· Or try these instructions from CSPC website
Click here for reviews of recent Drills & Injury Prevention workshops