Leeds Race Series 2017 & Junior Series 2016/7 & 2017/8 (updated 2 October 2017)
Any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Leeds Race Series is on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/leedsraceseries/ (opens in new tab or window) (note that being a member of the FB group does not mean you have entered LRS)
The Junior Race Series is also on Facebook - it’s a closed group and only available to parents of juniors who have entered in 2015/6 or 2016/7 https://www.facebook.com/groups/1632807216760290/ (opens in new tab or window)
· Click here for separate calendar page for both series (updated 29 August 2017)
o All parkruns have been allocated 4 weeks. These weeks do not to clash with other weekend races in the Series
o Juniors have 2 weeks at the end of August to go to any of the 4 junior parkruns. They can go to events they've missed or to events they've already attended and try to improve their time.
o Seniors have 3 weeks at the beginning of December to go to any of the 6 parkruns. . They can go to events they've missed or to events they've already attended and try to improve their time.
· Leeds Race Series
o Leeds Race Series 2016 trophies were presented at the Guiseley Gallop, see photos below and on Facebook page
o Leeds Race Series 2017 is still open - Click here to enter - Deadline extended to 31 October
o Click here for current table with all entries and results (updated 2 October 2017) (142 names entered, 18 events completed, 1 event in progress plus opportunities to score at all parkruns)
o Click here for statistics by club (updated 2 October 2017) note that nearly 50% of the entries and over 50% of the results come from just 3 clubs - Hyde Park, Chapel A and St Theresa's. I'm sure the other 17 clubs in Leeds COULD DO BETTER! Hence the reason for extending the entry deadline.
o Click here for statistics by category (updated 2 October 2017)
· Leeds Junior Race Series
o Junior Series 2016/7 has now closed
o All events completed including the 2 extra dates for parkrun
o Click here for provisional final table with all entries and results (updated 5 September 2017) (46 names entered)
o Awards will be based on best 8 races; trophies will be presented at first Peco XC race in November
International athletes are queueing up to have their photographs taken with Leeds Junior Race Series competitors!
Leeds Junior Race series 2014-5 photos of winners
Leeds Junior Race series 2015-6 photos of winners (added 27 November 2016)
Leeds Race Series 2016 photos of winners (added 17 April 2017)
RULES - LEEDS RACE SERIES 2017
The Leeds Athletics Network Race Series 2017 is a “grand prix” style series of races including most races organized by Athletics Clubs in Leeds.
This will be the sixth year of the series.
There will be approximately 22 races in the series, with distances varying from 1 mile to 10 miles, some road, some off-road.
6 parkruns will be included, you will have the opportunity at each to record your best time over a period of 4 designated weeks plus some bonus weeks (see calendar)
The 2016 Series is open to everyone and is free to enter (other than you need to pay the entry fee for each race!). Registration will close on 30 September 2016.
Note that we require name, address, club (if applicable) and date of birth. Details will not be disclosed to any third party.
We prefer that you supply an email address so that we are able to notify you of anything relevant to the Race Series. We’d also like to use this to notify you of anything else of interest in the Leeds Athletics Network. You may opt out at any time.
Categories are overall man, overall woman, and men and women in 5 year categories 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, etc … Age groups are according to the age at the start of the year 1 January.
Overall series category placings are decided according to the best eight race scores (i.e. just over a third of the events). In the event of two runners in the same category getting equal points, ties will be resolved by comparing head-to-head times in qualifying races.
Scoring system. In each race,
· 1st man scores 1000, 2nd scores 999, 3rd scores 998 etc for overall award.
· 1st woman scores 1000, 2nd scores 999, 3rd scores 998 etc for overall award.
· 1st man in each age group scores 1000 etc for age-group award.
· 1st woman in each age group scores 1000 etc for age-group award.
The cut-off date for entries to the 2017 Series will be 30 September 2017. If a runner has completed a race or races in the Series prior to entering the Series, they will get points calculated retrospectively. The consequence is that runners already in the Series may see their points go down during the year to 30 September as more runners enter the Series, but after 1 October, their points are secure.
You don’t have to enter 8 races to take part – run as many as you can and see how you compare with other runners in your age-group!
We’ll be awarding little trophies to the overall male & female winners and the winners in each age-group providing they have run at least 8 races. If the winner of a group is from outside Leeds, we will also award a trophy to the best-placed Leeds runner in the group providing they have run at least 8 races.
All results / league tables will be published on the Leeds Athletics Network website.
We now have a Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/809138302512606/ available to all participants.
We may also be set up an inter-club competition (or maybe next year).
Click on the link near the top of this page to enter
Then what do you need to do? Just look at the calendar page and enter and run some of the races. Within a few days of the race, the results will have been collated, the points calculated and the league tables updated on the website. Please check that your result has been included. Note that if the race organizer has spelt your name differently from how you entered the series, your result will not have been captured, so email us to let us know. Keep in touch with the leaderboard, particularly for your age category. See if you’ve won a prize at the end of the season. That’s it! – Good luck!
RULES - LEEDS JUNIOR RACE SERIES 2016/7
The fifth Junior Series will run from 1 September 2016 to 31 August 2017.
The scoring system is similar to the “adult” series. Age groups will be set on 1 September. Therefore the bands will be in line with school years. Each band will be just one school year, so children will just complete with their own school year. School years 2 to 11 will be eligible.
The cut-off date for entries to the 2016/7 Series will be 30 June 2017. If a runner has completed a race or races in the Series prior to entering the Series, they will get points calculated retrospectively. The consequence is that runners already in the Series may see their points go down during the year to 30 June as more runners enter the Series, but after 1 July, their points are secure.
There will be a trophy for the boy and girl in each school year who has the best score over 8 races. In the event of equal scores, the tie will be broken according to results “head-to-head” in the 8 qualifying races.
Additional trophies (e.g for running the most races) may be awarded at the discretion of the series organizer.
Please note that some races are not open to the lower age groups. If anyone runs who is under the minimum age, their score will not count as technically they were ineligible, but more importantly, other juniors in that age-group will not have entered.
RULES - LEEDS JUNIOR RACE SERIES 2017/8
Being reviewed, please see comments on Facebook
Leeds Race Series
· 2012 Series details here. 155 people entered and ran at least one race, of these, 47 ran between 4 and 7 races and 15 ran 8 or more. Mark Smith ran 14!. Confirmed results here - overall winners were Peter Hopson and Rachael Pilling – congratulations, 16 others won age-group categories (shown in green on results)
· 2013 Series details here. 91 people entered and ran at least one race, of these, 29 ran between 4 and 7 races and 27 ran 8 or more. Graham Fisher ran 15!. Confirmed results here - overall winners were Peter Hopson and Rachael Pilling – congratulations, 9 others won age-group categories (shown in green on results)
· 2015 From 1 January 2015 to 31 December 2015. Confirmed results after final race click here - this also shows names of everyone who had entered
· 2016 From 1 January 2016 to 31 December 2016. Confirmed results after final race click here - this also shows names of everyone who had entered
Leeds Junior Race Series
· 2012/3 From 1 September 2012 to 31 August 2013. There were 9 races in the series, best 4 to count. Confirmed results here
· 2013/4 From 1 September 2013 to 30 August 2014 –Confirmed results here
· 2014/5 From 31 August 2014 to 29 August 2015 Final results here - Final positions are shown (all are best 4 races and must have run 4 races). Age group winners in yellow Leeds age group winners in orange (this is when the age-group winner is neither from Leeds nor a member of a Leeds-based club) Other runners who have run 6 or more races in green
· 2015/6 From 1 September 2015 to 31 August 2016 Final results here - Final positions are shown (all are best 4 races and must have run 4 races). Age group winners in yellow. Also awards to runners who ran 10 or more races (green)
If you’ve run a race in the Series and can’t see your points, it may be because the race organiser has spelt your name differently from how you have been registered with Leeds Race Series. E.g. Bob/Robert, Mike/Michael, Jonathan/Jonathon. Any problems, just email email@example.com
Click for separate calendar page for both series
Leeds Junior Race Series 2016/7 has now closed
Click on the link to enter Leeds Race Series 2017
Click on the link to enter Leeds Junior Race Series 2017/8
ANY QUERIES please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Leeds Race Series and Leeds Junior Race Series are organised by and supported by clubs in the Leeds Athletics Network.