Leeds members – frequently asked questions
FAQs for Runners/members:
- Am I going to be too slow? No! Group leaders are trained
to lead a group where some may only be able to walk for 1 minute, jog 1
minute for 20 minutes.
- I want to run a 10K, will I be able to do it? Talk to your group leader, they
will assess your ability, plan your running goals with you and help you
- I have a knee injury, can I run? You will need to get checked
out by your GP, always err on the side of caution and get checked out if
you have any physical ailments you're not sure about.
- How much are sessions? Session costs vary per leader
but will be between 50p and £3, as your leader for how much they charge
and if they offer any discounts.
- How long are the sessions? The groups usually meet for an
hour, this includes a 10 min warm up, 20-30 minute aerobic
(run/walk/jog/fun games/posture exercises) session and then 10 min cool
- What do I need to eat? Running takes energy and builds
muscle, you need to refuel your body after
exercise. Eating balanced meals including plenty of veg, carbohydrate
(e.g. pasta, potatoes, rice), a little protein (e.g. lean meat, pulses,
fish) and steering clear of hidden fats & sugars that can be found in
cakes, take - away meals, fizzy drinks and confectionary can help give
your body the nutrients it needs.
- Where are the sessions? All over the city, have a look
at the table below to find your nearest one.
- Can I take my children? The leaders are not insured to
take sole responsibility of anyone under the age of 12, they also need an
extra safeguarding policy if they take anyone aged 12-18 (which our
leaders are not stipulated to do). Speak to your group leader, it may be
they are happy for you to accompany your child as long as you stay with
them, however, children have different social and sporting needs and these
may be harder to meet in a predominantly adult session. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find
out about junior sessions around Leeds.
have a question that is not covered here, who can I ask? Email
Holly on email@example.com
and she will try to answer your question, if she can't she will know how
to find out.
Information contact – Holly Williams firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.runleeds.org
& click on “Run Yorks / Humber”
Williams, Run Yorkshire & Humber (Leeds) Coordinator, 0113 3930379, 07828 506